International Space Station 2009 Calendar Available Online

Dec. 10, 2008

Katherine Trinidad
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1100
katherine.trinidad@xxxxxxxx

Nicole Cloutier
Johnson Space Center, Houston
281-483-5111
nicole.cloutier-1@xxxxxxxx

MEDIA ADVISORY: 08-248

INTERNATIONAL SPACE STATION 2009 CALENDAR AVAILABLE ONLINE

HOUSTON -- As part of NASA's celebration of the 10th anniversary of
the International Space Station, the agency is providing a special
2009 calendar to teachers and the public.

The calendar contains photographs taken from the space station. It
highlights historic NASA milestones and fun facts about this
international construction project of unprecedented complexity that
began in 1998.

The calendar can be downloaded and printed by visiting:

http://www.nasa.gov/station

"We hope this calendar will inspire the next generation of explorers
and provide interesting and challenging information for educators,
students and anyone interested in space," said International Space
Station Program Manager Mike Suffredini at NASA's Johnson Space
Center in Houston. "As we near the completion of space station
assembly, we are doubling the crew size, increasing our knowledge and
operational experience, and continuing our quest of exploration and
discovery."

Nearly 100,000 copies of the calendar will be delivered to schools in
all 50 states. The calendars are distributed through NASA education
programs and NASA-affiliated education networks such as the NASA
Central Operation of Resources for Educators, NASA Education Resource
Centers, NASA Explorer Schools and the Challenger Center for Space
Science Education of Alexandria, Va.

For more information about NASA's education programs, visit:

http://education.nasa.gov

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx