NASA To Brief Media About Ares I Thrust Oscillation Plans

Aug. 18, 2008

Stephanie Schierholz/Grey Hautaluoma
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-4997/0668
stephanie.schierholz@xxxxxxxx , grey.hautaluoma-1@xxxxxxxx

June Malone
Marshall Space Flight Center, Huntsville, Ala.
256-544-7061
june.e.malone@xxxxxxxx

MEDIA ADVISORY: M08-155

NASA TO BRIEF MEDIA ABOUT ARES I THRUST OSCILLATION PLANS

WASHINGTON -- NASA will host a media teleconference on Tuesday, Aug.
19, at 11:30 a.m. EDT, to discuss results and recommendations from
the Ares I thrust oscillation focus team. The team has been studying
possible solutions to concerns raised about the early designs of the
new crew launch vehicle that NASA's Constellation Program is building
to return humans to the moon by 2020.

The briefing participants are:
-- Jeff Hanley, manager, Constellation Program, NASA's Johnson Space
Center, Houston
-- Steve Cook, manager, Ares Projects, NASA's Marshall Space Flight
Center, Huntsville, Ala.
-- Garry Lyles, associate director for technical management, NASA's
Marshall Space Flight Center

Reporters should contact Grey Hautaluoma at 202-358-0668, or Stephanie
Schierholz at 202-358-4997, by 5 p.m. Aug. 18, for dial-in
information.

Audio of the teleconference will be streamed live on NASA's web site
at:

http://www.nasa.gov/newsaudio

For more information about NASA's exploration program, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/exploration

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx