Statement by NASA Administrator on ATV Docking

April 3, 2008

Michael Cabbage
Headquarters, Washington
202-358-1600
mcabbage@xxxxxxxx

RELEASE: 08-092

STATEMENT BY NASA ADMINISTRATOR ON ATV DOCKING

WASHINGTON -- The following is a statement by NASA Administrator
Michael Griffin after today's successful docking of the European
Space Agency's Jules Verne Automated Transfer Vehicle to the
International Space Station at 10:45 a.m. EDT Thursday.

"I am incredibly proud of and pleased for our European partners with
this demonstration of a successful automated docking of the ATV cargo
vehicle with the ISS. Only Russia has previously achieved a
successful automated docking in space. This accomplishment showcases
yet again the progress which has been made by the international
partnership in bringing this incredible program to fruition. Together
with the arrival of the Columbus Module at the ISS earlier this year,
the success of the ATV marks the arrival of Europe as a full-fledged
space power. I applaud their achievement."

For information about the International Space Station, visit:

http://www.nasa.gov/station

-end-

hqnews-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx