Re: Trouble with HD-PVR recordings

>> Anyhow yes, -mc 1 and -demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts works for the>> sample there but it's seriously low bitrate.  I've uploaded a>> different sample in Matroska (still h264 and AC3) with a higher>> bitrate at http://www.charlieg.net/downloads/tv.mkv.>> Note that the important difference between your first sample and this one is not> the bit-rate but the container.
I understand the idea of container formats, but the real differencehere is what MPlayer's defaults are.  Is this information documentedanywhere?
> For MPEG transport streams, the native demuxer (demuxer mpegts) and> nocorrect-pts are default (correct-pts is always default for demuxer lavf), for> matroska files, demuxer lavf is default, and correct-pts is (also) default for> the native demuxer (demuxer mkv).> You already know that correct-pts is bad for PAFF, so you always need> nocorrect-pts for PAFF in matroska. You also know that while some PAFF samples> (like the ones you uploaded) do not need mc 1 with demuxer lavf, it is often> needed and does not hurt very much.
I tried taking -mc out:
mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau -demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts -vtv.mkv >output.log
and still got A-V desync and SLOW message.
I uploaded it here: http://www.charlieg.net/downloads/output.log, butI really think that my system is not too slow as this sample playsjust fine in Windows using VLC, or using the CoreAVC for Linuxsoftware.
>> - mplayer -vo vdpau -vc ffh264vdpau -mc 1 -demuxer lavf -nocorrect-pts>> tv.mkv (SLOW message and A-V desync)>> Are you sure? Could this be a problem with a too low refresh rate of your> screen? Did you test export VDPAU_NVIDIA_NO_OVERLAY=1?> I will test with my Pentium III 500, but that will take some time.
Neat trick, that helped a lot!  Is that documented anywhere?
> De-interlacing of 1080 streams is always expensive, no matter if done in CPU or> GPU. It is not possible (for deint>1) on my PCI-E G98, but I will not protest:> On a range from €22,60 to €500, my card is around €26, so I cannot expect it to> de-interlace every stream (without dropping frames).
Yeah I'm starting to figure this out.  You can't use CPU deinterlacingwhen using VDPAU decoding can you?
Yeah I understand the concept of "frame skipping" or alternately"frame dropping" but I thought I wasn't asking it to drop as manyframes as possible, just the non-reference ones.  I guess I didn'trealize how many that was, the docs really aren't clear about this atall.  Also I thought that '-framedrop' was supposed to drop as manyframes as necessary.