Re: Mplayer Inverse Telecine while changing frame rate

On Jun 20, 2009, at 8:10 PM, Mark Guptill wrote:

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 1:52 PM, Ergzay<ergzay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Jun 20, 2009, at 12:05 AM, RC wrote:

On Fri, 19 Jun 2009 18:45:42 -0400
Ergzay <ergzay@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The framerate is not changed and you end up with duplicated frames
which leaves a VERY jerky video, especially on any scenes with
panning.

Long ago there was a patch that added -ofps for MPlayer submitted to
the list.  It was never accepted, and certainly won't apply cleanly
without lots of work, and probably won't work with after all of that.
If you want to use a maybe 3 year-old version of MPlayer, however,
you're all set.

It really doesn't exist, huh? Dang, I had thought for sure there was some possible way of doing it. Seriously, to any developers reading this, please add this, it is both simple to add and very required. There is no point for an inverse-telecine filter if it can't do it right. Using mencoder to encode a video just to watch it is such a ridiculous hack. Not to mention half the filters dont work correctly with mencoder and it behaves very differently to other options. I would be willing to offer up some money through a paypal
donation to someone willing to spend some time to do this.

Oh wow... That works. Could you explain how it works? I've never heard of putting a inverse-telecine filter back to back with deinterlace filter. Also, I've only looked at it briefly, but are there any drawbacks?