Mplayer Inverse Telecine while changing frame rate

There is something I have been wanting to be able to do for a long time but I have not been able to. It is extremely frustrating as every combination of options I have tried seems to be buggy. I simply want to be able to inverse-telecine video files on the fly while playing them. While this is possible with all of the inverse telecine filters none of them do it properly. The framerate is not changed and you end up with duplicated frames which leaves a VERY jerky video, especially on any scenes with panning. I have been looking for ages looking through tons of options in the mplayer man file and in the documentation and nothing I find says I can do this. If this feature is not supported I highly suggest it be added as at this point the only way to get properly inverse telecined video is to re-encode it with mplayer and manually change the framerate. Mplayer will never be a good player for playing dvds until this is added.

Even better would be filters that allow me to do these things:
1. Selectively delete every nth frame. (There is a filter to PLAY every nth frame but not one to skip every nth frame.) 2. Change the framerate output of mplayer without disabling audio. (The solution would be to slow down the audio playback by the same amount. Even better would be to also have a pitch changing filter that could either be manually applied or automatically with this filter.)