Re: how to "step backforward" ?

Phil Rhodes wrote:
Would you mind commenting in my calculation of needed memory in my post
from 13:36 ?

Well, it does get a bit scary if you start storing uncompressed 1080P RGB (about 142MB per second of video at 24p). I do this sort of thing for a living, and we do get through some rather big disk arrays!
Didn't know that people were working with this kind of stuff. I lately saw a docu how BBC's workflow looks and there they weren't doing that kind of stuff. Edited 'lower then 1080p streams' in MPEG2 format which then became the basis for the high-def encoding.

You can cache as much as you have RAM for, I guess. Nothing complicated about that.