Re: Question about capturing webcast radio stations

Yes! I used Alsa default as input.

I have no idea how to record any sounds directly
from the hardware's sfx.
This is a laptop using the SIS-SI7012 chipset,
which incorporates Realtek ALC655 audio hardware.
Alsamixer shows that there are other devices, like
IEC958 and "IEC958 Playback AC97-SPSA"

The possible input devices that Audacity shows in the drop-down
menu are:
SIS-SI7012 MIC ADC hw:0,1
SIS-SI7013 Modem   hw:1,0
default

I have no idea what device is "default"!

I will try gnome-sound-recorder and see
what I can do with it.

Cheers,

JD

Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
JD pisze:

Yes I tried that Capture. It does not capture.
I still have to put the mic by the speakers,
which produces terrible sound full of environmental
noises. If I do not use  the mic, then it records
nothing.

Did you used "ALSA:default" as an input device in Audacity or some ALSA HW device? As a second thought this may be that your card does not allow to record from mixer device. It could be thet your sfx card does not have hardware mixer device...

Can you record any system sound directly from your sfx card?

I could record with even gnome-sound-recorder from "intercept", "mix" or "video" input device playback of mpg123, SMPlayer, MPlayer, system sound test.

Enough about this - You should look after some URL of this stream - put link here, maybe I could fetch it with GECKO Mediaplayer