Re: Question about capturing webcast radio stations

Yes I tried that Capture. It does not capture.
I still have to put the mic by the speakers,
which produces terrible sound full of environmental
noises. If I do not use  the mic, then it records
nothing.

Krzysztof Duchnowski wrote:
JD pisze:

Not sure how to use the DAC - my alsamixer does not show any "DAC" control.
Also, I have no idea what player the broweser is invoking via the
"javascript:openStreamingPlayer();"
All I can tell you is it pops another window with some minimal
volume control, play and pause and stop.
The browser is Firefox.
Also, since the stream is controlled by a javascript, you cannot
paste it's URL into a player. I have not found a way to find the URL
of such javascript controlled streams. Perhaps that is intentional
and it is done to prevent the capture of such streams,
in which case it is probably copyrighted material.
Any opinions/info on such streams?

Does "view source" on such window reveals any streeam URL?

As for "DAC" in alsamixer: "It was long time ago and it wasn't truth" ;PPPp I've mixed it in previous message.

alsamixer, "View: Capture", "Capture" must be turned ON, "Mix" must be turned ON and if You have "DAC" here then it must be turned ON also.

Like in this screenshot: http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/12/11/497871/misc/ubuntu/alsamixer-capture-mixer_dac.png

Maybe in place of "DAC" it could be a "Video" switch to capture from "video player" only, not whole sound card output like with "DAC" switch. But it's untested.