Re: no display of VOB subtitle streams

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
Hello,
an ancient bug report, but still...

On Mon, Jan 19, 2009 at 10:53:32AM +0100, Alexander Roalter wrote:
Adam Seychell wrote:
After two weeks of trying to build mplayer under cygwin , I still cannot get embedded subtitles in VOB files. The OSD font is working as I can see text when activating various control buttons like volume delay, et. mplayer was compiled with freetype and fontconfig libraries and subfont.tff is successfully found.

I tested an outdated windows binary version of mplayer:
http://www.mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/releases/win32/MPlayer-mingw32-1.0rc2.zip
and when playing the same VOB file and -sid numbers I can see the subtitles.

I think this is fixed with r29095

Reimar,

This is slightly related, and forgive me for trying to get this one in there, but it's also an old subtitle bug that's been hanging around for awhile ... matroska videos with VOBSUB will automatically display the subtitles regardless of user config. You have to hit 'j' on the keyboard to get them to go away.

Found a sample in archives that does it:
http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/archive/all/matroska%2bh264%2bmp3%2bdvdsub%2breddwarf-vobsub.mkv

Using r29054

Thanks

Steve