AX_PACK_BYTES default increase?

On Fri, Dec 19, 2008t 07:21:12AM -0800, Grant wrote:
> When playing back 1080p video on my Linuxystem, I get numerous "too
> many video packets inhe buffer" console messages and the the a/v
> can't maintainync.  This happens with both software decoding and
> Nvidia VDPAU.  The following patch fixes it.  Canhis be changed by
> default?

The current value islready 8 MB, buffering 134 MB like your change
does is insane.
Also why doou think this causes A-V desync? The only reason why
8B buffer (which btw. even for 50 MBit/s video is enough for more
than oneecond) is not enough is when you already have A-V desync,
so inll cases (except broken files) the underlying issue of
_both_ desyncn "too many video packets in the buffer"
is too slow PC.

Greetings,
Reimar D?ffinger