Re: status of arch/mips/jazz

On Fri, May 18, 2018 at 03:57:37PM +0200, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> At the same time the port looks very much like bitrot given that the
> last real JAzz commit was from Thomas in 2007.  So if there is any
> chance to drop it, that would make my life a lot easier, if not
> I'll accomodate it but I might need some help.

I'd like to keep it. I've started to get my qemu magnum setup working again.
Later I'm also going to get my M700 running.

For your dma rework: How about ignoring  the vdma stuff and treat jazz like
other non cohoherent MIPS. Then I'll implement the vdma stuff similair to
other iommu hardware. Is this goog enough for you ?

Thomas.

--
Crap can work. Given enough thrust pigs will fly, but it's not necessarily a
good idea.                                                [ RFC1925, 2.3 ]