Re: Does CN68XX still need DCache prefetch workaround?

On 2/22/2016 10:38 AM, David Daney wrote:
On 02/22/2016 10:22 AM, Yang Shi wrote:
I David,

When I booted up 4.5-rc4 kernel on CN68xx board, both pass 1.1 and pass
2.2 reports:

Kernel panic - not syncing: OCTEON II DCache prefetch workaround not in
place (cfa00000).
Please build kernel with proper options (CONFIG_CAVIUM_CN63XXP1).

According to the description of he option, it should just have impact on
63xx pass 1.x. It looks confusing.

The name of the Kconfig variable is CAVIUM_CN63XXP1. It turns out that it is also needed for somethings that are not cn63xxP1. It is a bit confusing, but as of now we decided not to rename the Kconfig variable.

OK, however, it would sound better to add more comments or notes about this in Kconfig help text?

Any hint is appreciated?

Enable it and see what happens.

Once I enable it could bootup without problem.

Thanks,
Yang

Thanks,
Yang