Re: Does CN68XX still need DCache prefetch workaround?

On 02/22/2016 10:22 AM, Yang Shi wrote:
I David,

When I booted up 4.5-rc4 kernel on CN68xx board, both pass 1.1 and pass
2.2 reports:

Kernel panic - not syncing: OCTEON II DCache prefetch workaround not in
place (cfa00000).
Please build kernel with proper options (CONFIG_CAVIUM_CN63XXP1).

According to the description of he option, it should just have impact on
63xx pass 1.x. It looks confusing.

The name of the Kconfig variable is CAVIUM_CN63XXP1. It turns out that it is also needed for somethings that are not cn63xxP1. It is a bit confusing, but as of now we decided not to rename the Kconfig variable.

Any hint is appreciated?

Enable it and see what happens.

Thanks,
Yang