Re: Looking for an idea/workaround for using MIPS ioremap_nocache (__ioremap) in IRQ

On Mon, 16 Feb 2015, Rafał Miłecki wrote:

> As the result forwardtrace looks like this:
> 1) ioremap_nocache
> 2) __ioremap_mode
> 3) __ioremap
> 4) get_vm_area
> 5) __get_vm_area_node
> And then we can hit BUG_ON(in_interrupt());
>
> Can you see any solution for this? Currently there isn't any mainline
> code triggering this problem, but it would be nice to have everything
> working anyway.

 That looks to me like a case that shouldn't really be handled at the
hardirq level.  Just use a softirq or a threaded IRQ.  There's prior art
in phylib I believe, where merely ACKing an IRQ may require pushing data
through over I2C -- slooow and possibly bit-banged!

 HTH,

  Maciej