Re: Please add my temporary MIPS fixes branch to linux-next

On 30 July 2014 17:00, James Hogan <james.hogan@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This one fixes mips32 debian boot, but changes the layout of the
> NT_PRSTATUS regset which is accessible through ptrace. I don't believe
> this will break anything, but there are other patches pending in the
> patchset to fix up the regset stuff properly anyway (as it is already
> broken for core dumps) and I don't really want to take the risk without
> Ralf's okay.
>
> Alex Smith (1):
>       MIPS: O32/32-bit: Fix bug which can cause incorrect system call
> restarts

Right now the NT_PRSTATUS regset can't be relied upon to return the
same layout anyway, as it can differ depending on whether the kernel
is 32- or 64-bit, as well as with a couple of other Kconfig options.
Changing it in this patch shouldn't make things any worse. As you say
other patches in the series properly fix the regset/core dump
situation, though I suppose they aren't too critical for 3.16 as
nobody seems to have noticed/cared that core dumps aren't working
until now!

Thanks,
Alex