Re: Introducing Atheros AR231x/AR531x WiSoC support

Hi John,

> On 18/06/2014 13:46, Sergey Ryazanov wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I plan to send several patches for upstream merging, that
>> introduce support for Atheros AR231x/AR531x WiSoCs. This code
>> developed and extensively tested in OpenWRT project. And I need
>> some help.
>>
>> I need to know what is the preferred way to split code on to
>> separate patches suitable for review and merging? Some kind of
>> howto or article would be great. Could you recomend something?
>> Should I send a series as RFC first?
>>

> Hi Sergey,
>
> is the code already in a cleaned up state ? are you just missing the
> bit where you split it up into patches or is there still dev work that
> needs to be done beyond the actual submission process ?

The code is complete and practically stable (no serious changes during
a year). Few days ago I had cleaned all errors and almost all warnings
generated by checkpatch.pl, using a script from 3.10 kernel. I need
some time to clean up flash initialization (remove some odd code), but
this is simple task. So yes, the code itself is almost ready for
submission, but I would like to send it in such manner, in which
review would be as easy as possible.

> is your code already available somewhere or do you plan to pusht he
> owrt support upstream as is ?
I does not do any forks, all changes were made as patches that were
accepted to owrt. Then I plan to rebase the code on to linux-mips.git
and send upstream.

--
BR,
Sergey