Re: [mips32r1 cpu] Advice needed: "Machine Check exception - caused by multiple matching entries in the TLB"

20.07.2012, 13:16, "Ralf Baechle" <ralf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 12:03:25AM +0400, kr kr wrote:
>
>>  [   12.560000] Kernel panic - not syncing: Caught Machine Check exception - caused by multiple matching entries in the TLB.
>
> Running userland should never result in crashing the kernel except if
> programs directly touch I/O hardware an do stupid things or abuse their
> root priviledges..
>
> This type of crash specifically has in the past been produced by incorrect
> hazard barriers but also CPU hardware bugs so you may want to review the
> kernel code against a CPU datasheet and errata documentation.  As always
> with hardware that is only supported out of tree we can't be too helpful ...
>
>   Ralf

Ok, thank you.
But, in case of, say, Malta, we don't need to turn on (or turn off) some special CONFIG_* options in order to make it run MIPS-I binaries (which Debian provides), whereas MIPS32 binaries are native for the board?

Yuri