Re: MIPS: Octeon: mailbox_interrupt is not registered as per cpu

On Wed, Sep 7, 2011 at 12:47 AM, David Daney <david.daney@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On 09/06/2011 12:02 PM, SAURABH MALPANI wrote:
>>
>> Hi David,
>>
>> Thanks a bunch for clarifying this. Just to complete, I have some code
>> which calls CHECK_IRQ_PER_CPU(desc->status) after every time a
>> descriptor is created for an irq. And based on it we create either per
>> cpu data structures or single data structure for that particular irq.
>>
>> After your clarification, I can safely create exception for
>> OCTEON_IRQ_MBOX0 and OCTEON_IRQ_MBOX1 as you mention that missing the
>> flag is just cosmetic.
>>

> Well the performance counter and timer interrupts may suffer in a similar
> manner.
>
> David Daney

Since the timer interrupt is registered via the clock device
infrastructure, I found that hrtimer_interrupt irq descriptor was
indeed succeeding the CHECK_IRQ_PER_CPU test. So far in our testing we
only hit an exception for mailbox interrupt.