Re: patch to support topdown mmap allocation in MIPS

On 05/25/2011 10:47 AM, Jian Peng wrote:
Hi, Ralf/David,

What else should I do to get this patch merged?

Be patient.  And tell how it was tested.

Also ....

[...]
+
+unsigned long arch_get_unmapped_area_foo(struct file *filp, unsigned long addr0,
+               unsigned long len, unsigned long pgoff, unsigned long flags,
+               enum mmap_allocation_direction dir)

I know I suggested the name *_foo, but really I expected you to choose a better name, as the 'foo' is just the default name for examples.

I think it needs a better name than that.

I will try to test it on my Octeon system sometime.

David Daney