Re: [patch 06/38] mips: dec: Convert to new irq_chip functions

On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> On Thu, 24 Mar 2011, Ralf Baechle wrote:
>
> > Thanks, queued for 2.6.39.
>
>  Ralf, thanks for cc-ing me.
>
>  NACK, where's the logic to ack IOASIC DMA IRQs gone?  The SIR has to be
> written as in clear_ioasic_irq() for the respective DMA transfer to resume
> and the interrupt in question be able to retrigger in the future.

Errm.

#define ack_ioasic_dma_irq ack_ioasic_irq

	.name = "IO-ASIC-DMA",
	.ack = ack_ioasic_dma_irq

So the .ack pointer is filled with ack_ioasic_irq, right ?

So I did:

-#define ack_ioasic_dma_irq ack_ioasic_irq

+       .irq_ack = ack_ioasic_irq,

Pretty identical as far as I can tell. The define is rather pointless,
isn't it ?

>  The rest is probably OK, but why has the inline hint been removed?
> These functions are simple, worth a couple of assembly instructions at
> most and used throughout these files, so it's good to ask GCC to inline
> them if worthwhile even if -fno-unit-at-a-time has been requested for
> whatever reason.

The only use of these functions is in the chip pointers, so the inline
is pointless. But I really dont care.

Thanks,

	tglx