Re: MIPS: Get rid of branches to .subsections.

On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 01:54:24AM +0100, Maciej W. Rozycki wrote:

> > By rewriting the loop around all simple LL/SC blocks to C we reduce reduce
> > the amount of inline assembler and at the same time allow GCC to often
> > fill the branch delay slots with something sensible or whever else clever
> > optimization it may have up in its sleeve.
>
>  Are you sure it won't reorder anything there that actually relies on the
> atomic access to have succeeded?  I suggest adding barrier() after the
> loop.

None of the things that were touched by the code had any barrier
functionality  Some of the functions such as atomic_add don't provide
memory barriers but where needed a barrier was always provided by C code
near the end of the function, for example in atomic_add_return.

  Ralf