Re: Do I Need to enable or set l2 cache in mips for linux work

CONFIG_MIPS_CPU_SCACHE is the one you need to set.

You may try the Perf tool located at tools/perf. For how to build the tool
and patch the kernel, please refer to:

http://www.linux-mips.org/archives/linux-mips/2010-06/msg00143.html

BTW, raw events are suggested for your L2$ profiling.

Deng-Cheng