Re: problem bring up initramfs and busybox

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 20:03 -0500, "David VomLehn" <dvomlehn@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 06:58:35PM -0600, myuboot@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, 18 Nov 2009 01:39 +0100, "Florian Fainelli"
> > <florian@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > -------------------------------
> > Actually I already got this patch for the board in little endian mode,
> > and it is still there for the big endian mode. And this is one of the
> > place I have been wondering if that needs to be changed for big endian.
>
> It sounds like you've done a good job getting the bootloader and kernel
> to work, so this may be a silly suggestion, but are you sure your root
> filesystem and busybox are little-endian? It would be an easy mistake to
> make...
>
> > thanks. Andrew
>
> David VL
I have some clue on this issue now. It seems there is some problem with
the serial console operating in interrupt mode. If the 8250 is in
polling mode(set the IRQ for the 8250 serial port to 0), the output on
the console is fine. But with 8250 in interrupt mode, 8250 serial driver
does not receive any interrupt in serial8250_interrupt(). The same board
works just fine when operating in little endian mode with interruption.
I probably need to change something in IRQ initialization for big
endian. I will post my solution when I can get it to work. In the
meantime, any suggestion will be welcome.

Best regards, Andrew