Re: problem bring up initramfs and busybox

Kevin D. Kissell wrote:
This looks like another boot file system setup problem to me. Are you sure that there's an executable init image at /mnt/root/sbin/init? I'm pretty sure that the path that you provide to your new init has to be relative to the new root.

That sounds right.

Andrew, my suggestion would be to change your initramfs /init script to invoke "/bin/busybox sh" as the last command instead of "exec switch_root". The "Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!" says that switch_root is exiting for some reason. It could be anything from missing files/devices on the /mnt/root file system to a bug in busy_box. By booting into the shell you can run the command by hand (maybe with strace if you have it) to help identify where the problem is.

Chris

--
Chris Dearman               Desk: +1 408 530 5092  Cell: +1 408 398 5531
MIPS Technologies Inc            955 East Arques Ave, Sunnyvale CA 94085