Re: Help getting IP30/Octane fixed?

Johannes Dickgreber wrote:

i think i found the problem

try booting with a command line       cca=5

the system is setting _page_cachable_default with what is found in the
processor register at booting time which is 3 ( _CACHE_CACHABLE_NONCOHERENT )
i think this can not work on a SMP System.

with the above overriding i have a working SMP Octane system.

	cca = 5  means _CACHE_CACHABLE_COHERENT

if time permits i send patches

Tried this and the change to HEART_IMR on my end using a dual R10000 195MHz module. It didn't boot in any of the cases.

--
Joshua Kinard
Gentoo/MIPS

"The past tempts us, the present confuses us, the future frightens us. And our lives slip away, moment by moment, lost in that vast, terrible in-between."

--Emperor Turhan, Centauri Republic