Re: gdb configuration

Chris Rhodin wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to debug 32-bit linux over a serial port with gdb. I'm able to connect to the target and everything looks good until I examine the registers. What's there is obviously wrong. I've examined the stack and found the register data structure. Each register in this structure is 32 bits. When I compare the structure to the registers that gdb displays I can see that gdb is expecting each register to occupy 64 bits. I've tried setting "abi", "saved-gpreg-size", and "stack-arg-size" to 32 bits without success. Can someone point out my obvious mistake?

Please report the exact versions of all the tools you are using. If you are not using gdb 6.8 upgrade to that version and see what happens.

If it still fails, try asking on gdb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

David Daney