Re: Problems booting Linux kernel on Sigma SMP8634 #2

Hi,

> I build and successfully run kernels on the 8634 every day, so I don't
> think it is a problem with the 8634 port in general.
>
> You should probably ask for technical support from whomever supplied
> your hardware.  They would know the technical details about how to
> configure the memory controller, the amount and location of the RAM on
> the board, etc.

Thats right. And I would really like to do so. But unfortunately there
is not much information around about the hardware. Since the box
originally runs a wince system, this project is more like a _free time_
projects of some Linux enthusiasts.

You can get a overview about this here: http://www.t-hack.com/wiki/
There is also a forum, but unfortunately most posts are in German ..

>> I am sure there some more guys around using the smp8634.
>
> Likely there are.  It is used in many blu-ray disk players, among other
> things.

Ok, there is not much information about the smp8634 out there, which is
really a pity. I know that Sigma is not really interested in publishing
there specifications. Even the gpl part is not published, but I am sure
you already know this :-)

Do you know how to get some more detailed information about the smp8634?

Ok, there are some parts that are not equal, like memory and flash! But
this is a SoC, so most parts are the same.

> N/A, the kernel does not rely on any microcode.

Ok, thanks, so we can cancel this on our todo-list ..

Regards,
	Andi