question about oprofile support

Hi:

Linux-mips.org states: (http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/Oprofile)

“Oprofile support is available at the time of this writing only in the Sourceforge Oprofile CVS repository; released versions are either lacking support for MIPS or are unusable due to bugs”

I am wondering if this is still true. If we want to have oprofile support on mips hardware, do we have to checkout the HEAD revision from oprofile cvs repository or is it already available from the standard 0.9.3 release?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can throw any lights on this.

Cheers,

Ani