Re: [directfb-dev] Error in running gtk example on cross compiled GTK with DirectFB on MIPS board

I suspect this is related to the creation of a top level ARGB surface
when gtk is initialized.
You probably should dig around a bit but it looks to me like its a
issue with surface formats.
Since your doing the driver you should try and make sure that you get
a accelerated surface
working for Gtk/Cairo this would need to be either RGB/ARGB because of
limited pixel
format support in Cairo.

gdk_display_open in
gdkdisplay-directfb.c

See how it finally initializes and I suspect that if you do the same
in a simple DirectFB app you get the black screen
and can debug.