Re: Cannot unwind through MIPS signal frames with ICACHE_REFILLS_WORKAROUND_WAR

Franck a dit:
> > Another reason is to get rid of the classic trampoline the kernel installs
> > on the stack.  On some multiprocessor systems it requires a cacheflush
> > operation to be performed on all processors which is expensive.  Having
> > the trampoline in a vDSO would solve that.
> >

> And the stack wouldn't need to have exec permission anymore.

True, though it should perhaps be noted that currently it's only on 4KSc/Sd
systems (which I know you work on) where it's even possible for the stack
*not* to have exec permissions, since the classical MIPS MMU gives
execute permission to any page that is readable.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.