Re: [IDE] Fix build bug

On Thu, Nov 01, 2007 at 06:43:16PM +0000, Denys Vlasenko wrote:

> We can intrduce new, ro sections or teach gcc that combining const objects into
> non-ro sections is not a crime. I wonder why it currently disallows that.
> (And it does it only _somethimes_, const pointers happily go into rw sections!)

The pattern seems to be that const-ness of the first object placed into
a particular section determines the writability of that section.  If that
conflicts with the requirements for a later object such as a non-const
object into a section r/o gcc doesn't consider making the section r/w
but throws an error instead.

  Ralf