Re: [MIPS] SMTC: Fix crash on bootup with idebus= command line argument.

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:

> The pci_get_class() failure was happened only if ide_probe_legacy() was
> called too early.  That can happen if you specified some IDE boot
> options, such as "idebus=" option.
>
> So if you do not add any ide boot option, there should be no problem.
>
> If you meant "ide_probe_legacy() has been broken with ide boot options
> for long years", I agree.

 You mean the point ide_probe_legacy() is called at during bootstrap
depends on whether some IDE boot options have been specified or not?
Well, that is an... interesting approach indeed.

> And my recent patch is not to solve this problem.  Just avoid adding
> legacy ide0/ide1 unconditionally in normal usage.

 Of course and it makes perfect sense then.  Thanks for your effort.

  Maciej