Re: [MIPS] SMTC: Fix crash on bootup with idebus= command line argument.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007, Atsushi Nemoto wrote:

> >  Thanks a lot -- it makes things work for my SWARM as expected.  But
> > doesn't it break systems where there actually is a PCI-(E)ISA bridge and a
> > legacy IDE interface?
>
> Yes, it would breaks such systems, but that is exactly we have been
> doing for years, isn't it?

 Not quite so.  The test for the PCI-(E)ISA bridge is there so that they
are handled.  Now I gather the use of no_pci_devices() in
ide_probe_legacy() effectively disables the test entirely (thus making it
a candidate for removal).  Or am I missing something?

> And if such a platform was really exists, mach-specific ide.h could be
> used as final workaround.

 I think Malta qualifies -- it has an onboard PCI IDE interface (coupled
in a single chip with a PCI-ISA bridge) which uses legacy I/O ports.  No
ISA slots though, if you are looking for a diehard example. ;-)

  Maciej