Re: Tickless/dyntick kernel, highres timer and general time crapectomy

Hello.

Franck Bui-Huu wrote:

[ weird, Gmail thought you were a spamer... ]

   Well, I guess I should thank my ISP which indeed hosts many spammers. :-)

Sergei Shtylyov wrote:

   No, it doesn't. Even on dyntick kernels, interrupts do happen several
times a second. Dynticks have nothing to do with disabling timer
interrupts...

That's true however if your system has 2 clock devices. One is the r4k-hpt
and the other one soemthing else with a higher rating. If you don't stop
r4k-hpt interrupts, how does it work ?

The unwanted events just gets ignored by higher-level code, IIRC... Classic PowerPC CPUs have the same problem (even worse, actually) -- one can't disable the decrementer interrupt at all.

WBR, Sergei