Re: flush_anon_page for MIPS

Ralf Baechle wrote:
On Fri, Mar 23, 2007 at 06:17:25PM -0400, Ravi Pratap wrote:

Yes, that's perfectly reproducable here (running a VSMP kernel on a 34K). So the fix I posted earlier was good but I did a few tweaks to it anyway.
Will commit to all 2.6 -stable branch and master later.

Thanks so much! Will this go into 2.6.15 by any chance?

I don't recall that there every has been such a kernel release ;-)

But seriously, 2.6.15 is as dead as Tutankhamun.

Some chip vendors only support that version, so I am assuming that that was the reason for the question.

It is a classic case of what happens when people do ports that are not merged. They say it is good enough as is and then never move forward or fix bugs.

The good news I guess is that we have the source, so we could forward port it if we were really motivated.

David Daney