Re: unaligned access

> So how about this interface?
>
> 1. echo show > /sys/kernel/unaligned_action
>
> Show register dump and processor name at each unaligned exception,
> using show_regs() or someting.
>
> 2. echo quiet > /sys/kernel/unaligned_action
>
> Siliently fixup unaligned exceptions.
>
> 3. cat /sys/kernel/unaligned_instructions
>
> Print unaligned_instructions variable.
>

> Creating files in /sys/kernel is fairly simple:
>
> subsys_create_file(&kernel_subsys, &foo_attr);
>
> Any comments?

One thing about the current, system-call based interface that is kind-of
cool, and different from both what you propose and what was described
as being implemented for ARM, is that Ralf's scheme is per-thread.
I don't know if that power really outweighs the ease-of-use aspect
of being able to manipuate it from the shell command line, but it's
not something to throw away lightly.  I have no issues with moving
the log data, should it be resurrected, from syslog to /sys/kernel/whatever,
though.

            Regards,

            Kevin K.