Re: unaligned access

On Thu, Feb 22, 2007 at 04:06:57PM +0100, Kevin D. Kissell wrote:

> Default behavior in MIPS is to silently fix up and emulate.  A MIPS-specific
> system call (sys_sysmips with the command argument of MIPS_FIXADE
> and a parameter agument of zero) allows for this to be overridden, so that
> such accesses will be fatal.  It looks as if there was once support to log the events
> to syslog, independently of whether or not they were fixed up, but it doesn't look to me
> as if that still works in 2.6.x kernels.

There used to be a configuration option to allow logging which was a
leftover from the times when I implemented the unaligned emulation.  I
did never find it useful later on, so I removed that in almost 9 years
ago and nobody missed it since :-)

But I don't mind putting it back, controllable by sysctl if there is any
demand for it.

  Ralf