Re: IDE routines for the ENCM3 in 2.6

Ar Iau, 2006-08-10 am 16:27 -0700, ysgrifennodd Ashlesha Shintre:
> Also, it says that probing for the device is taken care of during the
> execution of the pci_register_driver function.  Am I confusing two
> things?

The existing VIA ide/pci/via82cxxx driver should support any of the
standard IDE components found on VIA southbridges up to and including
the 8237 (8237A should make 2.6.18)

Depending on your MIPS board arrangement you may need your early boot up
code to kick the chip into the right mode and allocate the PCI
resources. You may need the VIA BIOS programmers guide for the relevant
chip but if I remember rightly its all pretty trivial for the VIA.

Alan