Re: Socket buffer allocation outside DMA-able memory

Hi art,

I think maybe my first noise is more easy to go.

As you know, sk_buff is made of a skb header and the packet data container. The skb header is allocated from the slab cache, while the packet data container is allocated via kmalloc().

So if you can add your low 32MB memory into ZONE_DMA, then your can call __dev_alloc_skb() with __GFP_DMA flag in your driver, which should make sure that the packet data container is in ZONE_DMA.

Best Regards,
Mark.Zhan

art wrote:
Hello Rongkai,