Re: "Hw. address read/write mismap 0" or RTL8019 ethernet in linux

On 2/21/06, Alan Cox <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Maw, 2006-02-21 at 13:33 +0800, zhuzhenhua wrote:
> > then i check the code and find it's in 8390.c, caused by uncorrect
> > write of MAC addr, and now i repalce all the inb,outb,inb_p, outb_p
> > with get_reg and put_reg in the 8390.c.as follow:
> >
> > static unsigned char get_reg (unsigned int regno)
> > {
> >       return (*(volatile unsigned char *) regno);
> > }
> >
> > static void put_reg (unsigned int regno, unsigned char val)
> > {
> >       *(volatile unsigned char *) regno = val;
> > }
>
> Should be
>
>         return readb(regno);
>
> and
>
>         writeb(val, regno)
>
> if regno holds the ioremap result of the memory mapped address of the
> 8019. Right now 8390.c assumes PIO mappings and you hardware appears to
> be MMIO ?
>
> > does someone have any idea of this situation?
>
> If the card is MMIO then make sure you are using readb/writeb and
> ioremap properly, otherwise you may get cache consistency and other
> strange errors.

now i resolve the "Hw. address read/write mismap 0' by
set_io_port_base(0) in my board setup function. and nfs rootfs can
mounted and can copy/delete, also can run the helloworld app in nfs
rootfs, but if i run some big application or something like vi, it
will still get
"nfs: server 192.168.81.142 not responding, still trying"

what may cause this message? ethernet driver? or kernel uncorrect config?

thanks for any hints

Best Regards

zhuzhenhua