Re: Diff between Linus' and linux-mips git: trivial changes

On Mon, 20 Feb 2006, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> I disagree with you - it's obvious from the name of the config option
> (MTD_MS02NV) what the module will be called and people who compile
> their own kernels should know.  More importantly, no other description
> in this Kconfig file mentions anything like this.  However, since
> there seems to be no Kconfig "writing style", I guess it must as well
> be added.  But I guess the MTD folks removed it for a reason.

 I can't recall if I noticed it being removed and I have no idea who
removed it and why.  I seem to have no access to the MTD CVS tree right
now, so I can't check the history of the file.

> Still NAK, i.e. should I send the following patch to the MTD list, or
> ok to remove?

 Well, descriptions for some drivers mention how the module is going to be
called and others do not.  I'd prefer too much information was available
rather than too little.  I don't think people should be forced to chase
Makefiles trying to determine module names.  I don't insist though -- I
fear the driver has too few users to care. ;-)

  Maciej