Re: native gcc for mipsel / uClibc (building or binaries)?

Tomasz Chmielewski <mangoo@xxxxxxxx> writes:
> Now, when I try to compile gcc (--build=i686-pc-linux-glibc
>  > --target=mipsel-linux --host=mipsel-linux), it breaks, as during the
> build process gcc's ./configure has a schizophrenia: it tries to compile
> some parts for mipsel (as I'd expect), but it also tries to compile and
> execute the binaries during the build process.

Just to rule out one possibility, were the x86-hosted tools in
your path when you ran configure and make?  They need to be.

> This means, it creates some binaries/libs needed for the build process
> (like libiberty), then tries to run/use them, but as they are mipsel
> binaries, the build process breaks.

Recent versions compile two versions of libiberty, one for the build
machine and one for the host.  The build version is used for things
like genattrtab (a build-time tool used only to build gcc itself)
while the host version is linked into the final compilers.

Richard