Re: [RFC] Optimize swab operations on mips_r2 cpu

2006/1/26, Nigel Stephens <nigel@xxxxxxxx>:

> You could, but why not stick with -march=4ksd if that's your CPU of
> choice? It appears to result in  marginally smaller code even when using
> -Os, and should have (slightly) better performance than a generic
> mips32r2 kernel?

Just to avoid a new CPU_4KSD definition in the kernel code as
suggested by Kevin. Basically all mips32r2 specific code is the same
as 4ksd specific code (except the code that deals with SmartMIPS
extension). So it can use CONFIG_CPU_MIPS32_R2 macro. But I was not
aware of -march=4ksd and -march=mips32r2 differences. Maybe now it is
needed to have a new CPU_4KSD definition ?

Thanks
--
               Franck