Re: Cobalt Raq2 HD upgrade - Advice required

Tanks for all the responses so far. I have updated the Wiki page, and I
may do it again after I complete the upgrade.

freshy98 wrote:

> All you need is a new IDE cable since the default one only has the
> Master connector and you need the Slave as well.
> Apart from that it should be easy.
> Oh, you also need a Molex splitter since the default one is only good
> for one drive.

Thanks - I already guessed so much from searching for "raq2" in Google
Images.

Peter Horton wrote:

> If you have some soldering experience it's also quite easy to fit the
> components for the second IDE channel (it's just a handful of
> resistors, a diode and the connector IIRC).

I put an image of a Raq2 doctored in this way in the Wiki (I just
obtained permission from the author,  Yutaka Yasuda, by private mail). I
don't trust myself enough to attempt that, however; plus I cannot afford
more than one hour or two of downtime - and I don't think I could
unseathe my soldering iron in the middle of the data center :-)

--
<< Tout n'y est pas parfait, mais on y honore certainement les jardiniers >>

			Dominique Quatravaux <dom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>