Re: Force MMC/SD to 512 byte block sizes

On 06/01/06 16:59 +0000, Russell King wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 06, 2006 at 09:44:06AM -0700, Jordan Crouse wrote:
> > This patch is not specific to the AU1200 SD driver, but thats what
> > we used to debug and verify this, so thats why it is applied against
> > the linux-mips tree.   Pierre, I'm sending this to you too, because I thought
> > you may be interested.
>
> NACK.  Please wait until the next round of patches get merged and then
> revalidate this.

Fair enough - I am only getting what Ralf and Linus put in their git tree -
I probably should have checked your tree before assuming the code was
current.

> It's obviously wrong in the case of cards which do not support partial
> block writes, and it does nothing to detect this (apart from violating
> their advertised capabilities.)

Ok - I can understand that - its unlikely that such cards would have a
physical block size > 512 bytes, but its always better to be safe then sorry.
Thats a fairly straight forward fix, and I'll do it while waiting for your
code to bubble through.

Regards,
Jordan

--