RE: power management on mips

--- "Mitchell, Earl" <earlm@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> True. PDAs and mobile devices also use it.
> So it may be supported for platforms like
> AMD's Alchemy (e.g. they have a PDA reference
> design).

Yes, although I don't think AMD recommends switching
frequencies anymore. I think they rate/test the chip
only at its advertised speed. So static power
management could be implemented but Dynamic Power
Management (where most of the complexity is anyway)
would probably not be recommended by the manufacturer.

Pete