RE: power management on mips

> I think. While back I read that MontaVista and IBM
> were working on
> something called Dynamic Power Mgmt (DPM). Might
> want to check that out?
> See links below.

That's alive and well in shipping mobile phones and
perhaps other devices. However, it requires quite a
bit of work to port it to a new architecture/cpu and
as far as I know it never went mainstream. You'll end
up with somewhat of a custom PM solution. Nothing
wrong with that, as long as you're willing to maintain
it internally as your kernel revs forward.

Pete

http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/PowerManagementDefinitionOfTerms_5fR2