RE: Floating point performance

Hi

> > I've built soft float toolchain (with crosstool) and then build
> > MPlayer with it. The performance is very low. I cannot even play the
> > mp3 file with MPlayer on DBAU1200 with 400MHz CPU!
> [...]
> > Any other suggestions?
>
> I'm not sure what you are doing, but if you only want to play music,
> I'd use Ogg Vorbis instead, which has a decoder that only uses integer
> arithmetic for exactly the case of FPU-less machines and the Au1200.
> I could also imagine an MP3 decoder written for integer only being
> written somewhere, but I don't know anything about it.

Yes, I can use madplay (libmad) for music only, which uses int
arithmetics (also special version for MIPS).

But I also want to play video and currently I am testing this with
MPlayer (maybe I'll add support for MAE, sometime in the future).
Then I found out, that MPlayer can use libmad for MP3 and it
works great know.

Now I'll try to write XV driver for MAE backend so I'll have
HW accelerated Color Space Conversion (form YV12->RGB) and
Scaling.

I thought that SF *should* be relatively fast, because I have
experience with it on ARM, where Nicolas Pitre wrote amazing
SF support for the glibc.
How can we speed-up SF on MIPS?
Does anybody have some suggestions?

BR,