Re: o32 glibc-2.3.5

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005, David Cummings wrote:

> Alright, thanks. I had found that, but it didn't seem to apply to the
> problem with socket, as that had already been applied when the socket
> happened. I'm also now having a problem with n32 which is similar if

 socket.S shouldn't be needed as recv.o is expected to be built as a stub
based on syscalls.list.  Have you regenerated the configure script
corresponding to the changed configure.in template?

> not the same as the one Rolf had not too long ago. Something about a
> __fork_block not being found. Anyplace else I should look? Thanks,

 Check if the symbol is defined where it's expected to.

 Source and binary RPM packages of glibc 2.3.5 built for o32 and (n)64 are
available at my site; built with GCC 4.0.0 which is even pickier than
3.4.4.  Availability of binary packages means successful builds are
possibile.  Figuring out how is left as an exercise for the reader; source
packages are provided as an aid to that.

  Maciej